Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Institute for the Environment, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
My research interests are focused on eco-hydrological model development with eddy covariance flux data and remote sensing data, and model applications to study terrestrial ecosystem carbon-water dynamics under climate change and land use/cover change.
2013: Ph.D., Ecology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China (Institute: Wuhan Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
2008: B.S., Biology Science, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China
2013.07 – present: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Geography, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2011.10 – 2013. 02: Visiting PhD Student, Department of Geography, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Publications (Google Scholar)
- Y. Zhnag, C. Song, L. E. Band, G. Sun and J. Li. 2017. Reanalysis of global terrestrial vegetation trends from MODIS products: Browning or greening? Remote Sensing of Environment, 191: 145-155.
- Y. Zhang, C. Song, G. Sun, L. E. Band, S. McNulty, A. Noormets, Q. Zhang and Z. Zhang. 2016. Development of a coupled carbon and water model for estimating global gross primary productivity and evapotranspiration based on eddy flux and remote sensing data. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, DOI: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2016.04.003.
- Y. Zhang, Song, C., Sun, G., Band, L. E., Noormets, A., and Zhang, Q. 2015. Understanding moisture stress on light-use efficiency across terrestrial ecosystems based on global flux and remote sensing data. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences. doi:10.1002/2015JG003023.
- K. Zhang, C. Song, Y. Zhang, and Q. Zhang, 2015. Natural disasters and economic development drive forest dynamics and transition in China. Forest Economics and Policy. DOI: 10.1016/j.forpol.2015.08.010.
- Y Zhang, C Song, K Zhang, X Cheng, Q Zhang, 2014. Effects of land-use/land-cover and climate changes on terrestrial net primary productivity in the Yangtze River Basin, China, from 2001-2010. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences. doi:1002/2014JG002616.
- Y Zhang, C Song, K Zhang, X Cheng, Q Zhang, 2014. Spatial-temporal variability of terrestrial net primary productivity in the Yangtze River Basin from 2000-2009. Journal of Plant Ecology. doi:10.1093/jpe/rtt025.
- C Song, J Chen, T Hwang, A Gonsamo, H Croft, Q Zhang, M Dannenberg, Y Zhang, C Hakkenberg, J Li, 2014. Ecological Characterization of Vegetation Using Multi-Sensor Remote Sensing in the Solar Reflective Spectrum. In: Remote Sensing Handbook, Thenkabail, P. S. (ed). Taylor and Francis (Accepted)
- C Song, Y Zhang, Y Mei , H Liu, Z Zhang, Q Zhang, T Zha, K Zhang, C Huang, X Xu, P Jagger, C Chen, R Bilsborrow, 2014. Forest Sustainability and China’s Sloping Land Conversion Program (SLCP): A Comparison among Three Sites in Anhui, Hubei and Shanxi. Forest Policy and Economics, 38: 161-167.
- K Zhang, Y Zhang, H Tian, X Cheng, H Dang, Q Zhang, 2013. Sustainability of social–ecological systems under conservation projects: Lessons from a biodiversity hotspot in western China. Biological Conservation, 158: 205-213.
- C Ye, S Li, Y Zhang, X Tong, Q Zhang, 2013. Assessing heavy metal pollution in the water level fluctuation zone of China’s Three Gorges Reservoir using geochemical and soil microbial approaches. Environmental Sciences and Pollution Research, 185: 231-240.
- K Zhang, X Cheng, H Dang, C Ye, Y Zhang, Q Zhang, 2013. Linking litter production, quality and decomposition to vegetation succession following agricultural abandonment. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 57: 803-813.
- C Ye, X Cheng, Y Zhang, Z Wang, Q Zhang, 2012. Soil nitrogen dynamics following short-term revegetation in the water level fluctuation zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir, China. Ecological Engineering, 38: 37-44.
- S Li, Y Zhang, Q Zhang, 2011. Interaction of landscape setting and stream flow seasonality on nitrogen concentrations in a subtropical river, China. Acta Oecologica, 44: 38-45.
- C Ye, S Li, Y Zhang, Q Zhang, 2011. Assessing soil heavy metal pollution in the water leve fluctuation zone of the Three Gorges Reservoir, China. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 191: 366-372.
In Chinese with English abstract:
- C Wu, Y Zhang, X Xu, Q Zhang, 2013. Monitoring water surface changes in Danjiangkou Reservoir based on Landsat TM/ETM and HJ-1 A/B. Resources & Environment in Yangtze Basin, 22(9): 1207-1213
- Y Zhang, X Xia, Z Chen et al, 2011. Estimation of Clear-sky Radiation in Yangtze River Basin based on the Open-source GIS. Resources & Environment in Yangtze Basin, 20(9): 1073-1079
- Y Zhang, H Dang, X Xia, et al, 2010. Retrieval of Surface Albedo Dynamics on Taibai Mountain, Qinling, China. Resources & Environment in Yangtze Basin, 19(Z2): 135-140
- Y Zhang, J Ge, Z Zhang, 2009. Application of Modified Eco-footprint Model to the Sustainable Development Study of Hubei Province, China. Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition), 9(3):44-49.